Welcome to the Greater Seattle Hockey League
Friday, September 28, 2018
Welcome to the Greater Seattle Hockey League! Since the summer of 2001, the Greater Seattle Hockey League (GSHL) has grown into the largest adult recreational ice hockey league in the Northwest. With nearly 100 teams, over 1,700 registered players and continuously growing, the GSHL is also one of the largest adult ice hockey leagues in the country.
Browse around our website. If you want to join a team, learn to play hockey, or have any questions
, let us know! We're available by phone and email 7-days a week.
Fall Learn to Play Hockey Registration Now Open
Posted By: ST
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Learning to play hockey is more than just learning a game. More than skating, passing and stick-handling, hockey is about responsibility, respect and teamwork. As adults learn the skills needed to succeed on the ice, they also build and solidify important character traits needed to succeed off the ice.
The Greater Seattle Hockey League (GSHL) Learn to Play Hockey (LTPH) program aims to be the gold standard for hockey programs with the goal of inspiring more adults to join the hockey community. LTPH changes the way adult hockey is offered by providing weekly sessions of skill appropriate on-ice instruction by certified coaches in a fun and safe atmosphere. LTPH on-ice instruction plans have been developed in collaboration with experts from USA Hockey.
Learn to Play Hockey Program Schedule
This 8-week program is held each Sunday, 4:30pm at Olympic View Arena in Mountlake Terrace. New registrations are being accepted for upcoming dates that are not yet completed for a cost of $25 per class - or $100 for the remaining four dates.
- Sunday, September 23 - completed
- Sunday, September 30 - completed
- Sunday, October 7 - completed
- Sunday, October 14 - completed
- Sunday, October 21
- Sunday, October 28
- Sunday, November 4
- Sunday, November 11
At the completion of the LTPH series, the goal is to turn the participants of the series into a team that starts their season right away.
If you are interested in registering for the GSHL Learn to Play Hockey program, here is how:
- First, if you don't already have them, obtain both USA Hockey and GSHL Memberships.
- Second, register for the LTPH session you are interested in by visiting Dash, login or create an account and selecting Registration.
- From there, select your name > GSHL Adult Ice Hockey > Join a Team > and Register for Beginner Learn To Play Team/Class Sept 2018.
- If you don't already have it, acquire all of your required -- and suggested -- hockey equipment.
- Lastly, get ready to have fun in learning the game of hockey!
Since the GSHL does not supply rental equipment, all participants are required to procure their own hockey equipment. The following is a list of required and suggested equipment items:
- HECC-ice hockey helmet with cage, bubble or half-shield/visor
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Ice pants
- Shin guards
- Hockey skates
- White or black practice jersey
- Hockey socks
- Water bottle
- Blade guards
- Stick tape
- Sock tape
- Practice jersey of the opposite color